Saturday, January 30, 2010

Coverdell Esa Vs 529 What Are The Pros/cons Of Opening An Account With Mutual Fund Vs Brokerage Firm?

What are the pros/cons of opening an account with mutual fund vs brokerage firm? - coverdell esa vs 529

I think that opening a Coverdell ESA for my son. From this link:

http://www.savingforcollege.com/coverdel ...

I have several options. I reduced the Vanguard and TD Ameritrade. Can anyone tell me what are the pros and cons of each would be? This was would cost more?

2 comments:

muncie birder said...

TD Ameritrade, you can go to some mutual funds without a brokerage commission, but no Vanguard funds without a commission. Vanguard expense ratios very low, but you must pay an annual fee if the account balance is below $ 10,000. If the fee is included in the expense ratio is almost the same as the other means, more or less. You can also exchange traded funds at TD Ameritrade each for $ 10.00. Your options with a brokerage firm are higher, but you may not want all these options. The more options that you tend to be more confusing. I have an account with TD Ameritrade and inside, I bought two open-end funds and the exchange of different exchange-traded funds.

kennethk said...

IN faithful. i can buy in the fidelity and sell Fidelity mutual funds charge. .... with Amer TD, I would have to pay a commission. I think it's the same thing in vangaurd

Post a Comment